Due to rapid growth we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Android Developer with previous commercial experience. This role will work with our talented cross-functional to build best in class mobile applications.This is a great role and will particularly suit someone who enjoys the variety of working with different projects, clients and technologies.
We are seeking a highly motivated, professional and committed individual who can work as part of a compact team and who will make a positive contribution to our clients, culture and goals for growth. We can offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to work on future-facing projects across a the full project lifecycle and across a wide range of clients and delivery platforms.
Conjure is an award-winning automotive and connected transport focused digital studio. We help consumer brands differentiate their digital products and services through outstanding, original and daring design and excellent technical execution.
Our team is made up of strategists, designers, animators, developers and 3D artists. This range of expertise means we offer an unusually broad range of services under one roof. Project planning and strategy, back-end development to visual design, front-end and build. It also means we can move faster and be more flexible than larger agencies.
Together with mobile apps, wearables and Internet of Things devices, we work with voice, haptic and gesture interfaces, plus augmented and virtual reality. We are passionate about all things automotive and connected car. Our clients include TfL, the Science Museum, NHS, Ford, McLaren, Jaguar Land Rover and Triumph Motorcycles to name a few.
We have a strong culture of experimentalism, passion, originality and creativity which goes into everything we do.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of commercial experience
- Proven experience delivering the complete lifecycle of app development
- Excellent knowledge of Android Material design guidelines, the latest design patterns and best practices
- Experience of working with agile methodologies and estimation techniques
- Proficiency at using a project management and bug systems (Jira)
- Fluency with Git, using pull-request models, submodules and similar approaches
- Experience with web services data formats such as JSON, XML, architectural styles such as REST and authentication schemes such as OAuth2.0
- Experience with a number of the following frameworks and SDKs: Compatibility Library, Google Maps, Android Annotations, JUnit, Twitter, Crashlytics/Fabric, In-App Purchases, Google Analytics
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Firebase
- Experience of Kotlin and desire to drive our Kotlin development forward
- Interest in the automotive sector
- Exposure to developing or helping with scoping of web services and APIs
- Knowledge of the android.graphics framework and animations
- Experience of test driven development, writing unit tests and solid understanding of how to write testable code
- Experience with using engineering practices that compliment an agile approach: Test driven development, source branching strategies (GIT Flow), continuous integration etc.
- Personal development/training allowance
- Regular team socials and weekly lunch on Conjure
- Medical cashback plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 public holiday