Conjure is looking for an experienced, motivated and resourceful Technical Director with strong experience of working in a fast-paced design and technology agency environment. The successful candidate will join the recently formed Senior Leadership Team alongside a Design Director and Client Services Director, inheriting many of the current duties of the CTO.
As well as taking over the technical management of existing projects, you will provide input alongside the CTO into new business proposals and tenders from a technical perspective, having had experience of scoping and pricing technically innovative projects with budgets between £250k and £1m+ in the past.
Whilst predominantly leading and managing Conjure’s mobile and wearable projects, a desire to be involved in our automotive and IoT projects is a big plus.
- Ownership of the technical architecture, technical delivery and quality of client products
- Management of the mobile team including appraisals
- Strategic planning for future technical roles including producing job descriptions and assisting our Talent Manager with the hiring process
- Building, refining, implementing and ensuring best technical practices are followed
- Communicating with clients and third-party vendors
- Support the CTO by identifying tasks and responsibilities that could be delegated
- Support the project management team with their technical understanding of progress, issues and blockers across projects
- Support the Senior Leadership Team with the sales pipeline
- Identify opportunities for growth within current clients and products - helping product managers interrogate feature backlogs
- Ensuring best technical practices across client engagements
- Understanding clients’ businesses and their technical solution needs
Our areas of technical expertise
- Native iOS and Android development
- Back end service design and mobile/IoT optimised APIs
- GCP and Firebase
- Multiple, de-coupled service provider integrations in a single product
- Unity and Unreal development
Conjure is an award-winning automotive and connected transport focused digital studio. We help consumer brands differentiate their digital products and services through outstanding, original and daring design and excellent technical execution.
Our team is made up of strategists, designers, animators, developers and 3D artists. This range of expertise means we offer an unusually broad range of services under one roof. Project planning and strategy, back-end development to visual design, front-end and build. It also means we can move faster and be more flexible than larger agencies.
Together with mobile apps, wearables and Internet of Things devices, we work with voice, haptic and gesture interfaces, plus augmented and virtual reality. We are passionate about all things automotive and connected car. Our clients include TfL, the Science Museum, NHS, Ford, McLaren, Jaguar Land Rover and Triumph Motorcycles to name a few.
- 10 years of experience working in senior technical management in digital/creative agencies
- New business experience and assistance with pitching at an enterprise level
- Passionate about creating fantastic customer experiences with seamless technology implementations
- Strong background in digital products and digital customer experiences
- Strong technical Understanding of mobile apps, UX and IoT
- Flawless written communication skills encompassing an astute eye for detail with emphasis placed on complete technical accuracy
- Passionate about being involved in a growing business and comfortable developing a nurturing a team beneath you
- A passion or background in Automotive, Healthcare or Financial Services is a bonus
- Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 (dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays
- Personal development/training allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch on Conjure and regular team socials
- Medical cash-back plan
- Cycle to work scheme