We are looking for a self-starting User Experience Designer to join our rapidly growing team. The role covers research, conception and execution of UX phases for mobile application and vehicle interface design projects. As part of the design team you will work closely with other team members and the client to understand project goals and deliver best-in-class UX that delivers against business and user needs.
On joining our passionate, award winning creative team, you will get the opportunity to work on large scale design initiatives and high-stake projects that will influence the future of automotive design. Here at Conjure we have a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team that has the perfect blend of youth and experience. We live and breathe the world of apps and connected devices, and our team is encouraged to experiment with the latest tech to ensure that we are always ahead of the curve. We are seeking a highly motivated, professional and committed individual who can work as part of a compact team and who will make a positive contribution to our clients, culture and goals for growth.
We have a strong culture of experimentalism, passion, originality and creativity which goes into everything we do.
Conjure is an award-winning automotive and connected transport focused digital studio. We help consumer brands differentiate their digital products and services through outstanding, original and daring design and excellent technical execution.
Our team is made up of strategists, designers, animators, developers and 3D artists. This range of expertise means we offer an unusually broad range of services under one roof. Project planning and strategy, back-end development to visual design, front-end and build. It also means we can move faster and be more flexible than larger agencies.
Together with mobile apps, wearables and Internet of Things devices, we work with voice, haptic and gesture interfaces, plus augmented and virtual reality. We are passionate about all things automotive and connected car. Our clients include TfL, the Science Museum, NHS, Ford, McLaren, Jaguar Land Rover and Triumph Motorcycles to name a few.
- Collaborate on UX planning with other members of the design team, Tech Leads and cross-disciplinary teams, to create functional, emotive and highly usable digital experiences
- Understand user experience and user-centered design best practices and apply those practices to achieve user & business goals
- Plan and lead client workshops
- Create elegant information design solutions and supporting documentation including:
- Best practice evaluation
- Design concepts
- Competitor analysis
- UX Maps and User Flow diagrams
- User Journeys & Personas
- Research and stay abreast of UX, user-centred design and interaction design trends
- Share new research, industry trends and insights with team members
- Advocate for the user, to internal and external clients, at all points in the design process
- Coach and support more junior members of the tea
- 5+ years professional UX design experience within a design agency or similar environment, with at least 2+ years at a senior level
- UX design experience for native mobile applications (iOS and Android) and mobile web
- Product management exprecince
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to innovate
- Expert level proficiency with industry-standard UX/UI design tools, including inVision, Adobe CS and Sketch
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Valuable Additional Skills
- Competent UI skills
- Drawing/Sketching and white boarding skills.
- Experience with prototyping and prototyping design tools
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Motion design experience.
- Understand how motion design is used, in interactive design, and how to fold this into UX and UI development.
- 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays
- Personal development/training allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch on Conjure
- Regular team socials
- Medical cash-back plan
- Cycle to work scheme