Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Role: Senior UX/UI Designer
Location: London Bridge / Borough
Job Type: Permanent, full time
We are looking for a self-starting User Experience Designer to join our rapidly growing team. The role covers research, conception and execution of UX phases for mobile application and vehicle interface design projects. As part of the design team you will work closely with other team members and the client to understand project goals and deliver best-in-class UX that delivers against business and user needs.
Conjure is a London-based digital experience company developing daring, original applications for emerging technology platforms as well as providing UX and UI design services to our global client base of major brands and disruptive startups. Our clients include Jaguar, Ford, Triumph, TfL and the Science Museum.
On joining our passionate, award winning creative team, you will get the opportunity to work on large scale design initiatives and high-stake projects that will influence the future of automotive design. Here at Conjure we have a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team that has the perfect blend of youth and experience. We live and breathe the world of apps and connected devices, and our team is encouraged to experiment with the latest tech to ensure that we are always ahead of the curve.
We also know that Londoners can struggle with the work-life balance! That’s why we commit to regular socials and weekly team lunches – any excuse to socialise and catch up on what we’ve all been working on over a drink and some good food.
We believe the most important asset that a company has is its people - so we take a fun, relaxed and inclusive approach to working, wherever possible. Why not enjoy work?!
- Collaborate on UX planning with other members of the design team, Tech Leads and cross-disciplinary teams, to create functional, emotive and highly usable digital experiences.
- Understand user experience and user-centered design best practices and apply those practices to achieve user & business goals.
- Plan and lead client workshops
- Create elegant information design solutions and supporting documentation including:
- Best practice evaluation
- Design concepts
- Competitor analysis
- UX Maps and User Flow diagrams
- User Journeys & Personas
- Research and stay abreast of UX, user-centred design and interaction design trends.
- Share new research, industry trends and insights with team members.
- Advocate for the user, to internal and external clients, at all points in the design process.
- Coach and support more junior members of the team
- 5+ years professional UX design experience within a design agency or similar environment, with at least 2+ years at a senior level.
- UX design experience for native mobile applications (iOS and Android) and mobile web
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to innovate.
- Expert level proficiency with industry-standard UX/UI design tools, including inVision, Adobe CS and Sketch.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Competent UI skills
- Drawing/Sketching and white boarding skills.
- Experience with prototyping and prototyping design tools
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Motion design experience.
- Understand how motion design is used, in interactive design, and how to fold this into UX and UI development.
- Competitive compensation package
- Personal development/training allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch on Conjure
- Regular team socials
- Medical cashback plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh fruit in the office daily
- 25 days holiday + public holiday