Senior Android Developer (Full Time, Agency)
Conjure is an award-winning digital experience company with a strong track record developing daring, original applications for emerging technology platforms, harnessing the opportunities they present to our global client base of major brands and disruptive startups.
Here at Conjure we have a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team that has the perfect blend of youth and experience. We live and breathe the world of apps and connected devices, and our team is encouraged to experiment with the latest tech to ensure that we are always ahead of the curve.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and self-starting Senior Android developer to work on internal and client projects. You will be comfortable using new technologies and not afraid to experiment with new things in order to push the boundaries of your knowledge. In return, we offer a great, flexible working environment alongside a small team of talented developers like yourself who you can learn from.
You will be working with other permanent and contracted Android developers and alongside the senior leadership, design and delivery teams. Your involvement in projects will be from scoping through to delivery and will often involve working directly with client product managers
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a mid-weight developer with the ability to take the lead on mobile development projects and work unsupervised if necessary. In most situations you will work in parallel with our iOS team to deliver the Android elements of projects. You will be responsible for delivering scalable, maintainable and secure code. Being a small team, we all contribute towards idea generation/development for our client's.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Java, with the ability to take on a project from inception through to delivery
- Comfortable working with Android Studio
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience developing Android applications
- A minimum of 4 years commercial development experience
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK
- Enjoys working in a busy agency environment
- You take pride in your work, and deliver quality work because you want to, not because you job requires you to
- Have used webservices and APIs communicating over JSON or XML
- As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to show examples of your previous work (ideally applications in the App store)
- You will have used a number of the following frameworks and SDKs: Compatibility Library, Google Maps, Android Annotations, JUnit, Twitter, Crashlytics/Fabric, In-App Purchases, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of how to support the various screen sizes, graphics, and interface orientations
- Experience of Git (we use Bitbucket)
- Proficiency at using a project management and bug systems (we use Jira)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Firebase
- RX Java
- Some experience and desire to learn Kotlin
- Interest in the automotive sector
- Exposure to developing or helping with scoping of webservices and APIs
- Knowledge of other mobile platforms such as iOS and Windows Phone
- Knowledge of the android.graphics framework and animations
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays and an additional day per year)
- £500 per year employee training budget
- Medical cash plan
- Free books
- Fresh fruit in the office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers