Conjure is an automotive and Connected Transport focused digital studio. We help consumer brands differentiate their digital products and services through outstanding design and technical execution.
Our team is made up of strategists, designers, animators, developers and 3D artists. This range of expertise means we offer an unusually broad range of services under one roof. Project planning and strategy, back-end development to visual design, front-end and build. It also means we can move faster and be more flexible than larger agencies.
Together with mobile apps, wearables and Internet of Things devices, we work with voice, haptic and gesture interfaces, plus augmented and virtual reality. Our clients include TfL, the Science Museum, NHS, Ford, McLaren, Jaguar Land Rover and Triumph Motorcycles to name a few.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and self-starting Senior Android developer to work on internal and client projects. You will be comfortable using new technologies and not afraid to experiment with new things in order to push the boundaries of your knowledge. In return, we offer a great, flexible working environment alongside a small team of talented developers like yourself who you can learn from.
You will be working with other permanent and contracted Android developers and alongside the senior leadership, design and delivery teams. Your involvement in projects will be from scoping through to delivery and will often involve working directly with client product managers
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a mid-weight developer with the ability to take the lead on mobile development projects and work unsupervised if necessary. In most situations you will work in parallel with our iOS team to deliver the Android elements of projects. You will be responsible for delivering scalable, maintainable and secure code. Being a small team, we all contribute towards idea generation/development for our client's.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Java, with the ability to take on a project from inception through to delivery
- Comfortable working with Android Studio
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience developing Android applications
- A minimum of 4 years commercial development experience
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK
- Enjoys working in a busy agency environment
- You take pride in your work, and deliver quality work because you want to, not because you job requires you to
- Have used webservices and APIs communicating over JSON or XML
- As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to show examples of your previous work (ideally applications in the App store)
- You will have used a number of the following frameworks and SDKs: Compatibility Library, Google Maps, Android Annotations, JUnit, Twitter, Crashlytics/Fabric, In-App Purchases, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of how to support the various screen sizes, graphics, and interface orientations
- Experience of Git (we use Bitbucket)
- Proficiency at using a project management and bug systems (we use Jira)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Firebase
- RX Java
- Some experience and desire to learn Kotlin
- Interest in the automotive sector
- Exposure to developing or helping with scoping of webservices and APIs
- Knowledge of other mobile platforms such as iOS and Windows Phone
- Knowledge of the android.graphics framework and animations
- 325 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Core hours 10am - 4:30pm
- £500 per year employee training budget
- Medical cash plan
- Fresh fruit in the office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers