Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
We are looking for a self-starting User Experience Designer to join our growing design team. The role covers research, conception and execution of UX phases for mobile application and vehicle interface design projects.
As part of the design team you will work closely with other design and technical team members and the client to understand project goals and deliver best-in-class User Experiences that deliver against business and user needs.
- Design user-led experiences for a range of mobile apps and interfaces including:
- user research and discovery
- market and competitor landscape analysis
- low-fi and hi-fi wireframing, concepting and prototyping
- user journey design
- Connect and translate client briefs into effective user experiences, sharing new research, industry trends and insights with team members.
- Collaborate on design planning with other members of the design team, Tech Leads and cross-disciplinary teams, to create functional, emotive and highly usable digital product experiences
- Plan and facilitate user research labs and workshops with clients
- Stay current and share best practices in user-centred design and interaction design trends.
- Advocate for the user, to internal and external clients, at all points in the design process.
- Support our Creative Director in coaching and mentoring junior UX designers
Conjure is an award-winning digital experience company with a strong track record developing daring, original applications for emerging technology platforms, harnessing the opportunities they present to our global client base of major brands and disruptive startups.
Here at Conjure we have a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team that has the perfect blend of youth and experience. We live and breathe the world of apps and connected devices, and our team is encouraged to experiment with the latest tech to ensure that we are always ahead of the curve.
We also know that Londoners can struggle with the work-life balance! That’s why we commit to regular socials and weekly team lunches – any excuse to socialise and catch up on what we’ve all been working on over a drink and some good food.
We believe the most important asset that a company has is its people - so we take a fun, relaxed and inclusive approach to working, wherever possible. Why not enjoy work?!
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in design, technology or equivalent qualifications/industry experience
- 5+ years professional UX design experience within a design agency or similar environment, with at least 2+ years at a senior level
- A first class design mind, able to effectively articulate, collaborate, design and deliver complex UX briefs
- Stand out portfolio demonstrating strong UX and product design thinking
- Strong understanding of designing for native mobile applications (iOS and Android) and mobile web, including understanding of the capabilities and limitations of these platforms.
- Experience storyboarding and principles of interaction design in mobile development, and how to consider this in UX and UI development.
- Ideally, experience working in an Agile development environment
Skills & Attributes
- Expert level proficiency with industry-standard UX/UI design tools, including InVision, Adobe XD and Sketch
- Strong sketching, wireframing and white boarding skills.
- Strong familiarity with prototyping and prototyping design tools.
- Excellent organisational skills, strong communication skills and be able to build strong working relationships
- You’ll have strong problem solving skills and be able to drive innovation and continuous improvement in user experience for client’s products you’re responsible for.
- Competitive compensation package
- Personal development/training allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch on Conjure
- Regular team socials
- Medical cashback plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh fruit in the office daily
- 25 days holiday + public holidays