Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / QA Lead
About the role
Due to rapid growth across the whole agency, we’re looking for an ambitious and experienced Software Developer in Test to join our mobile development team. This role will work as part of our talented cross-functional development team and will report into the Technical Director who is part of the Conjure Senior Leadership Team. This is a great role for the right candidate and will particularly suit someone who enjoys the variety of working on multiple projects across different client sectors and disciplines.
We are seeking a highly motivated, professional and committed individual who can work as part of a growing team and who will make a positive contribution to our clients by ensuring the digital products shipped are of the highest quality. The level of this role is mid to senior as you will be the only SDET within the team. You will be coming from a number of years in a similar role with this position suiting an individual who is looking to move their career to the next level by taking on the responsibility of putting best QA process, practices and technology into place. Ultimately we are looking to promote the successful candidate towards a QA Lead position.
You will be working within the wider digital product team helping to define user stories, test scripts and automated testing scripts across mobile and backend applications.
Conjure is an award-winning interface focused digital studio. We help consumer brands differentiate their digital products and services through outstanding, original and daring design and excellent technical execution.
Our team is made up of strategists, designers, animators, developers and 3D artists. This range of expertise means we offer an unusually broad range of services under one roof. Project planning and strategy, back-end development to visual design, front-end and build. It also means we can move faster and be more flexible than larger agencies. We have a strong culture of experimentalism, passion, originality and creativity which goes into everything we do.
Together with mobile apps, wearables and Internet of Things devices, we work with voice, haptic and gesture interfaces, plus augmented and virtual reality. We work across a number of sectors including automotive, connected car, transport, travel and financial services. Our clients include TfL, the Science Museum, NHS, Ford, McLaren, Jaguar Land Rover, Triumph Motorcycles, FXTM and Grundfos to name a few.
- Implementing a QA framework
- Writing test scripts, automated and manual
- Unit test development
- Building test automation suites
- Integrating CI to our build pipeline
- Continuously improving QA process
- An experienced QA / Test Automation Engineer from a development background.
- Focused on both functional and non-functional testing using a variety of open source tools and libraries - XCTest, Nimble, JUnit, JMock, Mockito, NUnit, etc.
- Experience across unit and integration testing
- Strong test automaton skills - ability to build automation frameworks from scratch
- Knowledge of OO principles, design patterns and S.O.L.I.D
- Experience of testing backend web services, e.g. REST APIs
- BDD/TDD (Cucumber/Jbehave/Specflow/Fitnesse)
- Experience of modern deployment pipelines, including technologies like Git, BitBucket
- Ability to manage own workload
- Experience in expanding on user stories suitable for manual testing processes
- Experience working within an Agile development team
- Essential experience working on mobile software projects
- Strong analytical thinking, able to simplify complex problems into component parts
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including presentations and show and tells
- Clear and incisive reporting and documenting style
- Experience in using a project management tool such as JIRA and managing QA tasks alongside a Project Manager
- Knowledge of working with SQL / NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of PaaS and Cloud services like Google Cloud/Firebase, Heroku, AWS, IBM Cloud is highly desirable
- Knowledge of dependency management/build tools like Maven, Gradle, Pod
- Knowledge of CI tools
- Software Testing Certification
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical cashback plan
- Personal development/training allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays