UI (User Interface) / Product Designer
We are looking for a self-starting Digital Product Designer to join our growing design team. The role covers UI, digital product design, concepting and artworking for mobile application and vehicle interface design projects.
As part of the design team you will work closely with other design and technical team members and the client to understand project goals and deliver best-in-class User Interface designs that deliver against business and user needs.
- Lead visual design, concepting and UI production artworking for mobile apps and digital interfaces e.g. vehicle dashboards including:
- Rapid ideation (storyboarding, sketching, mockups)
- Visual design and thematic art direction
- Create and curate design languages and pattern libraries
- Plan and prepare design implementation
- Ideally contribute to interaction/animation design
- Connect and translate client briefs into effective user experiences, sharing new research, industry trends and insights with team members
- Collaborate with technical leads, UX designers and client product managers to define UI and interaction requirements that lead to rich and emotive visual UI experiences
- Plan and facilitate design labs and creative reviews with clients
- Stay current and share best practices in UI and interaction design trends.
- Advocate for the user, to internal and external clients, at all points in the design process.
- Present and pitch your ideas and visual designs to clients
Conjure is an award-winning digital experience company with a strong track record developing daring, original applications for emerging technology platforms, harnessing the opportunities they present to our global client base of major brands and disruptive startups.
Here at Conjure we have a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team that has the perfect blend of youth and experience. We live and breathe the world of apps and connected devices, and our team is encouraged to experiment with the latest tech to ensure that we are always ahead of the curve.
We also know that Londoners can struggle with the work-life balance! That’s why we commit to regular socials and weekly team lunches – any excuse to socialise and catch up on what we’ve all been working on over a drink and some good food. We believe the most important asset that a company has is its people - so we take a fun, relaxed and inclusive approach to working, wherever possible. Why not enjoy work?!
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in design, technology or equivalent qualifications/industry experience
- 3+ years professional UI/digital design experience in app development within a design agency or similar brand side environment
- Experience working with responsive, cross-device design and understanding of accessibility standards for apps
- A first class design mind, with understanding of the full spectrum of app and interface visual design
- Experience storyboarding and principles of interaction design in mobile development, and how to consider this in UX and UI development.
- Stand out portfolio that demonstrates UI thinking and core visual design craft skills across a variety of categories and design formats
- Strong understanding of designing UI for native mobile applications (iOS and Android) and mobile web, including understanding of the capabilities and limitations of these platforms.
- You’ll have strong problem solving skills and be able to drive innovation and continuous improvement in user experience for client’s products you’re responsible for.
- Ideally, experience working in an Agile development environment
Skills & Attributes
- Expert level fluency with UI tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, as well as lo-fi concepting methods
- Strong sketching, wireframing and white boarding skills.
- Strong familiarity with prototyping and prototyping design tools
- Outstanding attention to detail and ownership of quality work
- Excellent organisational skills, strong communication skills and be able to build strong working relationships
- Competitive compensation package
- Personal development/training allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch on Conjure
- Regular team socials
- Medical cashback plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh fruit in the office daily
- 25 days holiday + public holidays